Wednesday, July 1, 2009

MY LEGUME LOVE AFFAIR - PAST, PRESENT, FUTURE

Pink Bean Heart
(Photo: Getty Images/Susan Wolfe)

It's been eighteen months since My Legume Love Affair first debuted as a one-off event. As ancient, enduring, versatile, economical, and healthy as legumes are, I was not expecting such a thunderous turnout of amazing recipes hailing from all over the globe - twenty, maybe fifty, but surely not 116! You have all overwhelmed, delighted, and humbled me with your creativity, generosity, and community spirit. Given the breadth and variety of your contributions, and my own desire to encourage a gathering place where legumes, as a valuable food source, can be celebrated for the hidden gems that they are, I reintroduced MLLA as an ongoing monthly event in August 2008. Nearly one year later, the round-ups are still going strong with hosts signed up through 2010 (UPDATE: through 2011).

Today marks the official start of MLLA's second year with its auspicious 13th month. I am very pleased to announce that in addition to the prize I customarily purchase and ship worldwide, Hurst Bean is generously donating a six-bag assortment case of their dried beans whenever the randomly drawn winner is a U.S. resident. (Certain restrictions prohibit international shipping.) The winner can select from a variety of bean products that are suitable for all palates and dietary considerations. Hurst Bean Blog will also be a regular recipe contributor to MLLA.

FTC Notice: During May 2010, I requested two bean products from Hurst which I am not able to find in my local markets. This is the exception rather than my general operating policy. I have not received any other products. I do not receive any financial compensation from Hurst Bean.

This post will serve as an easy, one-stop destination for all MLLA-related information. It is a work in progress, to be updated as necessary. At the moment, it will house the host line-up as well as the round-up archives. I hope you will find these changes to MLLA to be as enriching as the beautiful recipes you set before us all. I thank each of you very much for your bounty - past, present, and future.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THE HOST LINEUP


Please email me directly at thewellseasonedcook AT yahoo DOT com if you are interested in hosting.  Thank you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ROUND-UP ARCHIVES

* MY LEGUME LOVE AFFAIR - 1
* MY LEGUME LOVE AFFAIR - 2
* MY LEGUME LOVE AFFAIR - 3
* MY LEGUME LOVE AFFAIR - 4
* MY LEGUME LOVE AFFAIR - 5
* MY LEGUME LOVE AFFAIR - 6
* MY LEGUME LOVE AFFAIR - 7 (PART 1)
* MY LEGUME LOVE AFFAIR - 7 (PART 2)
* MY LEGUME LOVE AFFAIR - 8
* MY LEGUME LOVE AFFAIR - 9
* MY LEGUME LOVE AFFAIR - 10
* MY LEGUME LOVE AFFAIR - 11
* MY LEGUME LOVE AFFAIR - 12 (PART 1)
* MY LEGUME LOVE AFFAIR - 12 (PART 2)
* MY LEGUME LOVE AFFAIR - 12 (PART 3)
* MY LEGUME LOVE AFFAIR - 12 (PART 4)
* MY LEGUME LOVE AFFAIR - 12 (PART 5)
* MY LEGUME LOVE AFFAIR - 13
* MY LEGUME LOVE AFFAIR - 14
* MY LEGUME LOVE AFFAIR - 15
* MY LEGUME LOVE AFFAIR - 16
* MY LEGUME LOVE AFFAIR - 17
* MY LEGUME LOVE AFFAIR - 18
* MY LEGUME LOVE AFFAIR - 19
* MY LEGUME LOVE AFFAIR - 20
* MY LEGUME LOVE AFFAIR - 21 (PART 1)
* MY LEGUME LOVE AFFAIR - 21 (PART 2)
* MY LEGUME LOVE AFFAIR - 22
* MY LEGUME LOVE AFFAIR - 23 (PART 1)
* MY LEGUME LOVE AFFAIR - 23 (PART 2)
* MY LEGUME LOVE AFFAIR - 24
* MY LEGUME LOVE AFFAIR - 25 (PART 1)
* MY LEGUME LOVE AFFAIR - 25 (PART 2)
* MY LEGUME LOVE AFFAIR - 26
* MY LEGUME LOVE AFFAIR - 27
* MY LEGUME LOVE AFFAIR - 28
* MY LEGUME LOVE AFFAIR - 29
* MY LEGUME LOVE AFFAIR - 30
* MY LEGUME LOVE AFFAIR - 31
* MY LEGUME LOVE AFFAIR - 32
* MY LEGUME LOVE AFFAIR - 33
* MY LEGUME LOVE AFFAIR - 34
* MY LEGUME LOVE AFFAIR - 35
* MY LEGUME LOVE AFFAIR - 36
* MY LEGUME LOVE AFFAIR - 37
* MY LEGUME LOVE AFFAIR - 38 (PART 1)
* MY LEGUME LOVE AFFAIR - 38 (PART 2)
* MY LEGUME LOVE AFFAIR - 39
* MY LEGUME LOVE AFFAIR - 40
* MY LEGUME LOVE AFFAIR - 41
* MY LEGUME LOVE AFFAIR - 42
* MY LEGUME LOVE AFFAIR - 43
* MY LEGUME LOVE AFFAIR - 44
* MY LEGUME LOVE AFFAIR - 45
* MY LEGUME LOVE AFFAIR - 46
* MY LEGUME LOVE AFFAIR - 47
* MY LEGUME LOVE AFFAIR - 48
* MY LEGUME LOVE AFFAIR - 49
* MY LEGUME LOVE AFFAIR - 50
* MY LEGUME LOVE AFFAIR - 51
* MY LEGUME LOVE AFFAIR - 52
* MY LEGUME LOVE AFFAIR - 53
* MY LEGUME LOVE AFFAIR - 54 - IN PROGRESS DECEMBER 2012

13 comments:

glamah16 said...

Congrats on this wonderful succesful event. 2 years of succesful entries is a very strong achievement.

chakhlere said...

Hey Susan!
Congratulations for completing 2 years of MLLA!! I have just mailed you.
Hope you got it.

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

A great event!

I adore legumes! They are so healthy and taste wonderful...

Cheers,

Rosa

Cynthia said...

Congratulations on the creation of an exciting event and here's a wish to many more years on it's first anniversary!

Simona said...

I am so glad I was there at the beginning and I am glad the event continues with strong support.

Lisa said...

It's certainly one of my very favorite food events that I try to never miss. I am so glad it has been such a success!

Kim said...

What a great accomplishment! I adore legumes and always am thrilled to see such great recipes.

Pam said...

You know, I think I did the very first or maybe the second one of these, and then I lost track of it. I've got to get back into this! Congrats on a wonderful event.

Lori Lynn said...

Hi Susan - Congratulations on the super success of your event, And thank you very much for including me as one of your hosts.

Wishing you a wonderful Fourth! Are you serving beans with your hot dogs?
LL

Marta said...

Congratulations on the success! What a rewarding and heart-warming experience to have you initiative welcomed and supported by the blogging community! Yay for you :)
I love legumes, I'm going to start browsing these archives asap, and i look forward to future episodes of this event!

Srivalli said...

Congratulation Susan, this indeed is a great event!

Susan from Food Blogga said...

That is so wonderful, Susan! Well done.

Aparna said...

Congratulations Susan, on the anniversary of a brilliant event idea. Its certainly become one of my favourites.